Learn more advanced arranging techniques for the rhythm section and horn section. In Arranging: Advanced Horn Writing, you'll learn unison, 2, 3, 4, and 5-part writing, and study techniques for voicing chords, orchestration, articulations, and background lines. You'll also learn advanced topics of harmony, such as tension substitutions and lower interval limits, knowledge that you can use to create more expressive and captivating music for both live instrumentation or sequenced/sampled sounds.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand four-part soli and four-way close
- Define and understand mechanical voicings
- Use and understand approach chords
- Understand low interval limits, spread voicings (five-part and internal lines)
- Understand mixed voicings (2, 3 & 4 parts)
- Define and understand emotional contour