Sharpen your lyric writing skills under the expert guidance of author and teacher Pat Pattison, and discover the techniques that have helped his students win Grammys and write number one songs. In this course, you'll learn how to generate better ideas, find the right words to express those ideas, and organize rhythms and rhymes into compelling verses, choruses and bridges. Craft more vivid lyrics by mastering the elements of structure and the process of building great lyrical ideas into great songs. Whether you're a beginner or seasoned writer, this course will help you brainstorm ideas more freely and structure your lyrics more effectively.
Upon completing this course, you will have learned to:
- Generate more ideas and better ideas for your lyric
- Find more interesting words to express your ideas
- Create rhythms with your words
- Find better and more interesting rhymes
- Create effective contrast between sections
- Use the structures of your sections to enhance the emotional intent of your lyric