My CAA (Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts)
The Department of Defense (DoD) Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program is open to all eligible spouses under the following program guidelines:
- Spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine service member, or activated Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O2.
- If the spouse of a National Guard and/or AGR member, the sponsor must be on federal Title 10 active duty orders as reported in DEERS.
- Spouses of Guard/Reserve members in an Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post Deployment status are not eligible.
- MyCAA accounts will be limited to a $4,000 maximum benefit with a $2,000 fiscal year cap. Waivers to the fiscal year cap will be available for spouses pursuing licensure or credentials with a cost that exceeds the $2,000 fiscal year cap up to the total maximum assistance of $4,000.
- Spouses must finish their program of study within three years from the start date of the first course.
- Funding is limited to only Associate’s degrees, certifications, and licensure programs.
A military spouse can request MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) for all approved courses on the spouse’s Career and Training Plan. Eligible spouses can establish a MyCAA Account by visiting the MyCAA website at https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa. It is important to note that students must choose Berklee College of Music when completing their request for tuition assistance. The tuition amount on the application should reflect the applicable military discount.
After applying for and receiving approval for tuition assistance, students should complete the following steps:
1. Enroll in a Certificate Program
- Enroll in your chosen Certificate Program by clicking the “Enroll” button on the Certificate Program description page. You will need to complete the enrollment by paying the registration and technology fee. If you are already enrolled in the program, be sure your schedule reflects what you wish to take in the upcoming term.
2. Submit Approved Voucher
- The voucher must include the following:
- Correct start and end dates. These can be found on the Academic Calendar page.
- The number of semester hours for the course or courses. Each 3 credit course is 3 semester hours.
- The full course name and course number.
- Student signature.
All forms can be sent via fax to 617-747-2149 (Attn: Finance), via e-mail to email@example.com, or via mail to the following address:
1140 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215
3. Verification of Paperwork
TA forms must be received by the end of the enrollment period of the upcoming term. After reviewing the forms submitted, if approved, the amount MyCAA is paying will be applied to the tuition due as well as the military discount. An email will be sent to you once both have been applied which will include the amount of remaining balance due.
The student will be responsible for any approved amount that is not paid by MyCAA. Student services could be suspended for failure to pay tuition in a timely manner.